First of all, to install this game on your windows or mac computer you can use Emulators. Apex Legends mostly works on all types of systems but for the smooth gaming experience, one must need a video card/graphics card installed in their PC.
It is very common to face such bugs and errors while installing the game for the first time. And usually, the main cause for any kind of error is the poor graphics card which game requires. Sometimes, low RAM can also cause the issue and poor system configuration can also put the game installation process in trouble.
The very famous and common bugs/errors that people face while playing Apex Legends on PC is the infamous Apex Legends Engine Error – 0x887A0006 -“DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.” And if you see such error, there’s no need to panic as there’s an easy solution for it.
How To Fix Apex Legends Engine Error 0x887A0006?
Method #1: Repairing the Game
Number one option which can solve your problem in a blink of an eye is by repairing the game itself. Few times often happens when we install something new in the system, the game gets corrupted and gives such errors. But don’t worry, this is completely repairable, and below is the solution.
- Step 1: Click on the origin and open it from your computer.
- Step 2: Now go to the “My Game Library.”
- Step 3: Right Click on the Apex Launcher and click on Repair.
- Step 4: Now wait till the repairing process is done.
- Step 5: After completion of the repairing process, reboot your computer.
- Step 6: Voila. This should fix the Apex Legends game error.
This is one of the best solution to fix the engine error – 0x887A0006 in Apex Legends. Even after doing the above steps, you are not able to fix the error, please read below to try other methods.
Method #2: Fix Apex Engine Error With Nvidia Graphics Driver
Your graphics card is responsible for many things in the system and it’s the most important thing when comes to gaming. Most lagging issues that occur during game is because of the load on the graphics card, so by updating it’s drivers and to make sure your graphics card is being used at it’s full capacity follow the below steps.
How To Update the NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Download NVIDIA drivers from its official website.
- You’ll require to fill the form just like below.
- Once you’re done filling the above form, click on the search button on the bottom right.
- Now you’ll be redirected to the drivers’ page that you’ll need to download, click on the download button there.
- After you’ve downloaded the NVIDIA drivers, follow the installation process.
This method worked for me. And it has been confirmed by many people that this is usually the problem and fixing NVIDIA graphics drivers helped them fix the Apex Engine Error.
But if you’re still not able to fix the error then maybe you need to downgrade your drivers or just download the old version and overwrite it with your current installed drivers.
Below are the steps to do so.
How to Downgrade NVIDIA drivers to the old version
I’ll suggest you to save your current installed drivers as well just in case before downgrading your NVIDIA graphics drivers.
- Download the older version of the NVIDIA driver from their official website.
- After you’re done with downloading the drivers, click on it.
- The installation wizard will popup. Follow the installation steps.
- Finally, your drivers are now have been downgraded successfully.
Now try to open the game Apex Legends and this should help fix the error you were getting. If this still doesn’t fix your game, then do the method one again after you’ve downgraded the drivers. And also, don’t forget to reboot your system after repeating method #1.
There’s no doubt that Apex legends is one of the most trending and popular Battle Royale games, also one of the best alternatives to PUBG and Roblox type games.
Errors inevitable when it comes to gaming. 100% of gamers have faced some kind of errors in their life, and there’s no need to be frustrated about it. If you’re still not able to fix Apex Legends Engine Error – 0x887A0006 – -“DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG”, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or you can even directly contact us. We’re happy to help!