I’m guessing you’re here because you’re not able to connect to your Minecraft server because of this absurd message popup on your screen stating: io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: connection timed out
Don’t worry, it may be a little frustrating but we have an easy and simple solution for error io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: no further information.
Stay with me till the end of this article and I assure you that you’ll be able to fix this weird error in no time without any hassle.
How To Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Minecraft Error?
There are tons of complicated errors that you can come across while playing games like minecraft and roblox. And I know you’re wondering what to do in order to fix io.netty?
Just follow the below mentioned steps to fix minecraft error io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
#1 Adding Exceptions in Firewall Settings of Minecraft Folder
If you’re using VPN or your windows firewall then it sometimes blocks you from connecting to the Minecraft servers.
Thus, in order to avoid that, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Open settings of your computer
- Now click on the Updates and Security
- From there click on windows security and then select firewall & network protection
- Choose the option change settings and click on Yes
- Choose to allow another app option from the given options and then click on browse
- Now go to the game installation directory folder and from there select the launcher executable
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 again but this time go the directory folder in which your Minecraft servers are installed
- There will a folder named Maxwell, open that folder
- Now select the Minecraft server folder from that Maxwell folder
- Now repeat step 4 and instead of choosing to allow another app, just scroll down to the list of available apps
- Allow all Java Platform SE Binary options completely both by Public and Private networks
- Voila done.
Now check by opening your Minecraft launcher and see if the error io.netty.channel.abstractchannel error is solved or is it still persisting.
#2 Get rid of Incompatible Software
Sometimes getting rid of incompatible software from your windows system can be the best bet. Trust me, deleting incompatible system can solve lot of Minecraft problems.
There are so many software that conflicts with Minecraft servers and one of the most famous is Virtual Ethernet with Hamachi. I’d suggest you to completely delete the software or just disable it while trying to access Minecraft servers.
After deleting the Virtual Ethernet Software with Hamachi, just add your IP address and port number to the Minecraft server and see if it solves the Minecraft ionetty issues.
#3 Adding IP Address and Selecting Suitable Working PORT
If you’re using dynamic IP address and not static one (usually provided by your ISP) then Minecraft connection refused issue will occur.
Do the following changes if the IP address provided by your ISP is not dynamic. You need to change your IP address and add it to the Minecraft Launcher in order to fix minecraft.io error.
- Open terminal / Command prompt
- Make sure to run as administrator by simply right-clicking on it before opening
- Type ipconfig and hit enter
- Now take a note of your IPV4 address
- Go to your Minecraft servers folder > Maxwell > Minecraft server
- Open server properties in a text document using notepad or word
- Take notes of the server PORT and open Minecraft, browse to PlayMultiplayer option
- Select whichever server you want to join and click on edit
- Type in the IPV4 address that you noted in step 4 and then click on done
- After applying the above changes, hit refresh
#4 Try to Reset Your Modem / Router
As I mentioned earlier there might be LAN issues as well causing minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel error and thus, try fixing your modem/router.
Try to reset the router or just try turning it off completely for at least 2 minutes and turn the power back on. (RESTART YOUR ROUTER)
It will most likely work, but in case if it doesn’t try resetting your router completely to its default settings.
This should mostly like fix minecraft server connection refused error.
Also, make sure to check out how to fix roblox errors
#5 Please Use Trusted VPN Connection
There are several regions where Minecraft is banned and that may be the reason behind io.netty.channel.connecttimeoutexception error.
Mostly by using the trusted VPN you’ll be able to change the region which can fix your Minecraft connection error.
#6 Reinstalling Minecraft
This will be the last resort if none of the above method works then usually reinstalling can fix lot of problems.
Sometimes your game data might be corrupted and causes problems like io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: connection timed out error and thus that’s why we suggest to reinstall the whole Minecraft.
Uninstall Minecraft and install it again with completely fresh process which can fix your error.
How To Uninstall Minecraft?
Open control panel > Unistall a Program > Select minecraft to uinstall.
Now get the latest version of minecraft in order to fix io netty channel abstractchannel annotatedconnectexception.
How to fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception?
To fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception minecraft error, you need to add few exceptions to your firewall settings, try adding new IP address, or perhaps try reinstalling minecraft completely.
How to let Minecraft bypass windows firewall?
- To let Minecraft bypass windows firewall go to updates & security option
- Go to windows security and choose firewall & network protection
- Move down a little and select allow an app through a firewall
io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: connection timed out is one of the major problems occurring to Minecraft users.
We provided all the available solutions to this problem as of now. But if you’re still not able to fix Minecraft LAN connection refused error then please feel free to directly contact us.
If you were able to fix fix failed to connect to server io.netty.channel.abstractchannel error, then it is most likely that you’ll never face this same error ever again.
If you’ve any questions regarding the above steps then please feel free to comment down below about the error/problem you’re facing, we are happy to help.